Make a Payment on your Policy |

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have rental car coverage?

If you’ve got the SEF 27 listed on your automobile insurance policy, you have coverage for non-owned automobiles.

  • The SEF 27 extends coverage for legal liability for loss of damage arising from the car, custody or control of any automobile not owned by the insured.
  • A deductible will apply to this coverage and the endorsement provides a limit on any one vehicle (which can be increased for an additional premium).
  • Check your policy documents here or contact your broker to confirm if you have the SEF 27 coverage and what your deductible and limits are.

How is my insurance affected if I have an accident?

Depending on the fault of the claim, your rates could see an increase or not change at all. Insurance companies need to establish if a party is at fault or not, these would even be the case if there was nothing you could have done to prevent the accident. Once fault has been established, the company will determine based on your driver rating if you will incur and increase in premium of your insurance. Our advice is to always check with your broker beforehand to establish how a claim can affect your rates.

How long do I need to amend my bank info?

The minimum time needed to amend your banking information is 14 days. And changes inside the 14 days of a withdrawal will be amended to the following month.

Can I lend my vehicle to anyone, do I have to add them as a driver on my policy?

The Insurance Bureau of Canada Suggests the following:

Under certain circumstances, you can lend your auto without naming a guest driver on your insurance policy. If you decide to lend your auto, keep the following in mind:

  • You must agree – verbally or in writing – that the driver may use your vehicle.
  • You can’t lend your auto on a regular basis to someone without naming him or her on your insurance policy. If, for example, a friend wants to drive your auto every Friday to go grocery shopping, update your policy to include him or her as an occasional driver.
  • The person who borrows your auto must be licensed and legally allowed to drive in the province or territory where you both live.

When you lend your vehicle, remember that you also lend your insurance record.

My child recently got a Class 7 learners license, do I need to add him/her as a driver?

If your child has obtained their class 7 license they would not need to be added to your insurance policy however, please contact your broker so they can add a note to the file with respect to the new driver.

If I can’t reach my claims adjuster, who can I contact?

You can refer to our claims section for additional contact information

How can I pay for my policy?

Payments of your policy can be made by calling our offices or online. Please check your insurance documents for payment options.

Why do I have to add my newly licensed son to the policy? He will never drive my car.

Any driver who lives under the same roof is automatically considered an occasional driver since they can have access to the vehicle – unless you exclude them from your policy.

You won’t have to pay for the excluded driver, but if that driver ever does take your car out, he (and your car) won’t have insurance coverage. If there was an accident, he could be sued.

How can I lower my insurance premium?

There are a few ways of reducing your insurance premiums. Check out our blog on how to save on your insurance premiums!